Online Annual Attorney Registration Now Mandatory
All attorney annual fee payments are due July 1. Beginning in May, attorneys are required to complete and submit their annual attorney registration through Pennsylvania’s Unified Judicial System’s web portal. Each year, Annual Attorney Registration will be available here by May 15. Attorneys can pay the Active annual fee of $200.00, the Inactive annual fee of $70, or may request retired status by completing their annual attorney registration online. Non-waivable late payment penalties apply to all attorneys required to register annually. Click here for schedule of penalties.
Pay Two Ways By July 1
- PAY BY CREDIT CARD: Complete your registration online at http://ujsportal.pacourts.us. After electronically submitting your registration form, choose to “Pay Online” using Visa, MasterCard, Discover, or American Express. ATM/Debit cards are also accepted. Users will be assessed a non-refundable convenience fee of $2.75 for each transaction submitted.
- PAY BY CHECK: Submit your form electronically at http://ujsportal.pacourts.us. Choose to “Pay by Mail” and print a voucher to be mailed with your check/money order payable to Attorney Registration, P.O. Box 3313, Lancaster, PA 17604-3313. Your registration is not complete until the printed voucher and payment are received by the Attorney Registration Office.
For more information about registration, view the Attorney Registration FAQs.
- Complete and file a petition for reinstatement with the Office of the Secretary to the Disciplinary Board.
- Complete 36 hours of accredited PA CLE courses with a minimum of 12 of those hours in the area of Ethics.
- Attach proof of attendance at the CLE courses with reinstatement form.
- If you’ve been inactive for more than three years, you must complete a Special Reinstatement Questionnaire in addition to the petition for reinstatement. It must be completed and filed in quadruplicate and four (4) notarized original Waivers of Confidentiality must be submitted.
- Contact the Office of the Secretary to the Disciplinary Board with any further questions.
For more information on reinstatement, view the Attorney Reinstatement FAQs or click here for a complete set of the Enforcement Rules and Disciplinary Board Rules applicable to filing for reinstatement.