Attorney Registration Steps
From the first week of May until late October, attorneys can complete and submit the annual attorney registration through Pennsylvania’s Unified Judicial System’s web portal. Click here to register.
Online Attorney Registration Tutorial
In order to assist with the ease of online Attorney Registration, a WebEx (online tutorial) is now available to walk you through the necessary steps. Please view the tutorial below.
Please note: The fees, penalties and dates included within the tutorial are ONLY examples and do not apply to the 2014 registration period. When it’s time to register, the correct fee amounts and deadlines will be posted on our website and UJS Portal.
Register By Mail
- Complete and file a Pennsylvania Attorneys Annual Registration Form [fillable form] [printable form] and pay the active annual fee of $200.00, or inactive annual fee of $70. All payments must be made by check or money order. Non-waivable Late Payment Penalties shall apply to Active, Inactive and Retired attorneys, if applicable. Click here for schedule of penalties.
- Mail the registration form and payment to the Attorney Registration Office no later than July.
- Contact the Attorney Registration Office with any questions.
- Complete and file a petition for reinstatement with the Office of the Secretary of the Disciplinary Board.
- Complete 36 hours of accredited PA CLE courses with a minimum of 12 of those hours in the area of Ethics.
- Attach proof of attendance at the CLE courses with reinstatement form.
- If you’ve been inactive for more than three years, you must complete a Special Reinstatement Questionnaire in addition to the petition for reinstatement. It must be completed and filed in quadruplicate and four (4) notarized original Waivers of Confidentiality must be submitted.
- Contact the Office of the Secretary of the Disciplinary Board with any questions.
For more information on reinstatement, visit ATTORNEY REINSTATEMENT under FAQs by Attorneys and click here for a complete set of the Enforcement Rules and Disciplinary Board Rules applicable to filing for reinstatement.